Monday, June 15, 2015

Chicago

Frank Sinatra once said (or sang) 
"My kind of town, Chicago is."

After returning home from a weekend in Chicago, it's hard to understand how anyone could not like that beautiful city. Maybe it's just because I'm a city person who loves simply strolling downtown passing hundreds of people and hearing taxis and buses honking at each other. Or riding the train and watching the transition from skyscrapers to houses and parks. 

Some people define themselves as country folk or a city person. I don't think I can solidly place myself in either category. I like living in the country; there's the sunsets, the peaceful rain storms, the star gazing at night, or just sitting on the patio listening to bullfrogs in the summer darkness. But then I absolutely love big cities. The hustle and bustle, the random people doing totally random things on street corners, the amazing architecture of the buildings, and the overall excitement it presents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment