Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Oh Canada

After spending over a week in Saskatchewan and Alberta, I have discovered just how much I love Canada. 

I got the chance to go to Banff National Park in Alberta. There I fulfilled my dream of seeing Moraine Lake and Lake Louise. It was so breathtaking. Actually, that doesn't even describe it. You would have to be there and see with your own eyes the glorious mountains and rivers and lakes to understand how amazingly gorgeous it is. What struck me as beautiful was the color of the rivers and lakes. Driving about you would occasionally see a river winding through the pine trees and it would be the prettiest shade of light teal, close to white. The lakes were each different shades of vibrant teals and blues. It didn't even appear to be real water at first sight. That's how crazy beautiful it was. 

Also, being the nerd I am, I absolutely loved all the pine trees. Adding to the  sides of the mountains and the valleys, they helped create the most magical place on planet earth. Or so I would say. 

There was a man in Canada who said he has traveled far and wide even in Europe, but believes Banff to be the most beautiful places of them all. And I don't doubt it for one moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment